The application for an ETIAS will require a passport with a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection as well as a valid payment method. We are approaching the application will take 20 minutes to complete, but this may vary depending on the number of additional fields that you may need to fill.
Applicants will need to provide the following information as part of their ETIAS application:
- Name (first name), first name (s), name at birth, common name (s); date of birth, place of birth, country of birth, sex, current nationality, first names of the applicant's parents; Home Address;
- Passport and / or travel document information;
- Where appropriate, information on other nationalities or nationalities;
- Permanent residence address;
- Email address and phone number
- Member State of the first planned entry;
- Information on education and / or current profession
- ETIAS context and eligibility issues. These questions will cover any medical condition or other infectious or contagious parasitic disease; criminal records; travel to war zone countries, as well as any previous immigration or travel history that resulted in the applicant's expulsion or refusal to enter an EU member state;
- If the applicant is a minor, the identity of the person responsible for the minor;
- If the application is submitted by a different person from the applicant, the identity of the person and the company it represents (if any).
- For family members of EU citizens / third-country nationals enjoying free movement without a residence permit: their status as family members; the identity details of the family member with whom the applicant has links; their family ties.
You must have a passport from one of the following countries, please keep in mind that this list may change and not include the latest ETIAS eligible countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Former Yugoslavian
- Republic of Macedonia
- Marshall Islands
- Republic of Moldova
- New Zealand
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St. LUCIA
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- East Timor
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
You must ensure that you have the following documents with you to apply:
- Valid passport in progress - Your passport must be valid when you arrive in Europe.
- Machine Readable Passport - Your passport must contain a machine-readable section on the biographical details page.
- EPassport - Although not a universal requirement, your passport may be an electronic passport bearing the passport or microchip (see figure below).
DIGITAL PASSPORT PHOTO
MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT
ELECTRONIC PASSPORT CHIP
Fees and payment
The ETIAS application fee is € 5, however, travelers under the age of 18 will not need to pay the fee. Debit and credit card payments are accepted.
After payment of the fee, if applicable for applicants over the age of 18, the ETIAS application will be processed and a decision will be obtained within minutes.
Schengen Area Visa
If you are not eligible for ETIAS or if your ETIAS application is refused, you will probably need to apply for a Schengen visa to visit Europe.
If you wish to stay longer in the EU than the time allowed under ETIAS, you will have to move to the corresponding visa category according to the objectives of your stay.